Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gods word will be done by us and us only

Eboo Patel believes that we should be able to live comfortably and be friendly to every religion and religion shouldn't matter at all for anything for interacting with one another. What does it matter if you are Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Catholic or Jewish? We are still human beings and each person should be treated the same. We are should be looking at the same direction, comfortable, yet apart.

I think Patel is right in saying that we must be comfortable with each others presence and try to help each other. In other speeches, it makes me feel as though they want a Christian person and Muslim person to walk around holding hands all day long. Our school for example is an extremely diverse place. We are all in one community and that is the school community and everyone is in it no matter where you are from, but we are not holding hands and walking down the hall. We are comfortable in each others presence and we dont care if they are Hindu, Christian, Muslim or Jewish. We accept them for who they are.

I have seen people calling each other names according to their skin colour or what they believe in. I do not support this yet like Patel and Jesus Colon, I did not do anything to stop this. This is because I have had other personal experiences where I have seen fights and then there was a good person who tried to stop the fight but in the end, all of them got suspended. If that happened to me, how good would that look on my record? It could affect me for life. Patel has now opened my eyes to see that not taking action will affect me for life because I will be left with the guilt of not helping that Patel and Jesus Colon have now. They have atoned for that by doing good deeds for others to a greater degree. They have also taught me that I have to take action when I can. Action separates opinions and beliefs



I chose this picture because this represents all of the people who want to make a difference but dont have the courage to take action to do so. All our idea are all scrambled up and never made into affect because we are not going further. However it looks beautiful because ultimately our ideas are for the good of mankind. Peace makers all over the world want to shape this not into idea, but an action that we will all follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment