Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Music. Self explanatory.

Thxa Soa thinks that Burma is a very closed country and he brings music to Burma. He believes that if the people of Burma like it, then why cant they get it? He also feels sad for the Burmese people because they rarely get to enjoy the great things that music has to offer and sees no reason on why they cant enjoy it.

In my opinion I defiantly feel that Soa is doing the right thing by introducing music to Burma. I honestly cannot think how life would be like without music. Even just taking two sticks and hitting a wall to make a beat is sometimes what makes you feel content. without music life would be so boring. So bland, tasteless. Music is not just for enjoyment, it is to express yourself as it is an art. It is to get your emotions out and if people are denied that, then they are getting denied a human right.

When I get in a bad mood, I instantly pick up my guitar, turn on my amp and start jamming to my favorite songs or just making up improvisation solos. Almost instantly, I forget the world and get into a musical trance. It almost feels as though I am god him/her self. Making the sounds of those notes that just takes the life out of me and eventually triggering me to achieve nirvana, the perfect state. It all depends on my mood. If I am mad I turn it up till I can hear no more. If I just need a fresh start to the day, I use my acrostic or make a cleaner sound with my amp. Both ways lead to the same calm state of a new beginning. I think this relates to religion because I have read in many books about people who have done more than one religion and they all say that the paths are different, but the where the path ends is the same for every religion. Water. When English take the clear blue substance from the tap they call it "water". When Malays draw it from the tap they call it "air". When Indians see the liquid they call it "pani". When the Spanish touch the shapeless form they call is "agua". Ultimately in all languages it is the same. Different languages call it different things but to everyone it is the blue shapeless liquid found in rivers, lakes and oceans, which all of us draw it from.

Music can be used in many different way and no one, not even Chuck Norris has the authority to take it away from people. If they do, we will revolt. What better way than with music itself. Well played Soa


I chose this picture because it represents a persons mind in torment. Painted by Wassily Kandinsky, each individual shape is a different idea and so many ideas at once causes stress. To clear the mind, you must find a path to your perfect state and subdue the thunderclouds that torment you. Music is one of these paths and if people deny it from you, it is hard to express yourself and make yourself mentally healthy. Music is a need and you cant take away needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment