Monday, November 9, 2009

literature circles

Literature circles is a very good idea because I think it's good to share our opinions about the book and make predictions with our group. I think our group would have been better if all our group members did the the literature circles homework. Discussing what we thought of the book made me thing of how this happened and why. I had questions I had never though of and was able to answer them with the help of my group members.

The book we were reading was called "Thunder Cave" it was written by Roland smith. First our group discussed what we thought was important in the book. Most of us though the part when Jacobs mother died was a key part in the book. We then Asked questions about the book. The person who asked the question would tell us what he thought, then we would say what we thought and from that we make a solution. From all these questions I thought of many more questions about that. We then discussed words that we did not understand. There were lot of passages we did not understand too. From this I was able to get a better understanding of the book. Then we predicted what would happen in the next few chapters of the book. After much discussion going on we reached the idea of Jacob would go to Africa and travel across the savanna to find his father.

This activity was very helpful to me for making me understand more about the book. The key SLR's I used were: communicate effectively, Think creatively and Reason critically because I think I communicated effectively by talking with my group, Think creatively by thinking about how this will happen and Reasoning critically because I spoke f what I thought was important. Literature circles is a great activity and it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment