Thursday, September 30, 2010

John Marsden

John Marsden is an author from Australia. He came to our school last week and talked about how a writer should write. He made us do many different activities like writing different descriptions and joining nouns and verbs together. One of these activities was to write a four letter story about an animal dying. A four letter story is a story that has words no longer than four letters. It was a lot harder than it sounded! Most of us did not even notice that we had more than four letters in some of our words. This was my story:


I lay here, my end near. I can see my end, I can hear it too. It is not good but I must go. Not now, if that man had not shot me. I hear him tell many, what he has done. But they dont help, they go away. The man does not care, but he shot me. Who cares, I am just a dog. I roam the town, with hope. Hope that a man will free me from this lone town. And take me with them, to a home. Now that hope has come true, but not the way I want. The man who was too free me, has shot me. But he has made me free form this town, and now I will go to a my new home, hell. When I die, I will make food for many of my kind. The same kind who roam the town with hope. The same hope of a man to free them. I wish them good luck, a new hope I now have. Hope that all my kind will be free of not just this town, but all of them. And that they will go to a home that they can love. Not my future home, that I will hate. Now I die a sad dog. My end is now here and down I go to meet the hounds of hell.



I think that my story is quite good, I thought I used what John Marsden said about writing and I think it worked out quite well although there were some words which were more than five letters.

To find out more about John Marsden, click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment